Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Really long days....

I just got off the phone with the travel agency and I leave September 17 for Philadelphia! My flight leaves from XNA at 5:38 a.m. so that I can make the 1:30 registration time. Staging (kind of like an orientation) takes place September 17-18. I will have several longggggg days ahead of me:

September 17:

1:30 p.m. Orientation
3-7 p.m. Peace Corps Welcome/Start of Training program

September 18:

7:15 a.m. Leave for Clinic (lots and lots of shots!)
11:00 a.m. Check out of hotel
Lunch
1:00 p.m. Leave for Philadelphia Airport
6:40 p.m. Depart for Togo

We fly through Paris to Lome, Togo:

6:40 pm Depart Philadelphia
8:25 a.m. Arrive in Paris
1:50 p.m. Depart Paris
6:05 p.m. Arrive in Lome

That's my schedule so far!

Oh, and here's one interesting fact about the Kabre of northern Togo: They consider children androgynous until they go through a series of rituals that make them male/female.


3 comments:

  1. That is so cool about the Kabre. Let me know if you ever want me to send you anything!

    ReplyDelete